Friday, October 29, 2010

3D Concept Models (continued...)

Continuing at the second part of the building, for the "impacted object", I tried to work with an image of an impact during a boxing fight.



I wanted to abstract the impact concept behind this image a little deeper.  Since boxers with weak jaws are sometimes said to have "glass jaws" I looked into impacted glass.



I created a raw model of a curved material at the moment of impact (shattering glass).


I slightly modified the first object so that it is coming from the bottom of the slope up on the site.  Here the arm impacts the head and shatters it. Materials in mind are: gray or black stone panels for the arm and clear glass for the head.


The model of the shattering glass still needs to be worked on. Also when placing these two objects (arm and head) on the site their scale leaves about 45% more room to be occupied on the lot (length-wise).

It's in that 45% that the boxing venues will be placed. That is my next step and also giving it some program and adjsuting the design according to the spacial requirements.

2 comments:

  1. I want more impact!
    More shattering.
    I think it can be more dynamic.
    Keep pushing it into the site.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is a great start. But you need to start laying out your section and floor plan. what spaces are double height etc. What are your square footage's? How does it relate to the site?

    ReplyDelete