Friday, October 22, 2010

3D Concept Study Models

The original idea was for two objects, one that impacts the other.  The idea comes from a punch and its impact, very suiting to the building type that is my gym.


To get into more detail on the form of my building I began at object one, "the arm". Since this was a specific type of punch, the jab, i observed its movement and found it has a twist. a 90 degree twist to be exact.


From this notion of the twist in the punch I arrived at my first shape.  The one that would be given to the "arm" part of the building. 


The next step is to create the form of the second half of the building, the "head", which receives the impact.

   

Some images I'm working with...should be interesting.

1 comment:

  1. This is a wonderful example of the "punch". These images are very dramatic, but I do not fill that in your 3D model. I would look at the form of the arm as it punches. The fist is the major form that creates the impact. Also, what about pushing the earth?

    ReplyDelete